Stressed & Burnt Out?
- October 28, 2022
- Posted by: Janet
- Categories: Image Leadership, Personal Development
In economic challenges times like we are experiencing today, one can only hold on tight to their existing job. The rate at which unemployment is going not to mention the sudden loss of jobs for many, the feeling is quite scary. In spite of this you get the feeling that some people are working in such a manner that you wonder is laziness a bug or are they not so aligned with the corporate vision or could it possibly be that indeed that are truly burnt out. Some still walk around in a lackadaisical manner, some are not sure of what is expected of them while others want the pay but do not fancy the work. Times have changed now if some could get two jobs that would grab it happily.
During my corporate trainings I hear participants express the stress they experience on the job and being stuck in the catch 24 situation with no way out. It is again at times like this that company’s must manage their resources to curtail heavy overhead costs so of course many people find themselves doing the job of two at time more. Chances are you will be experiencing the burnt-out syndrome. Somehow for many people being overworked is inevitable because it is a case of the survival of the fittest, but all to the detriment of good health. Sadly, we see it everyday people experiencing all sorts of ailments like cancer, diabetes, stroke, arthritis and cardiovascular occurrences at young ages and the age keeps dropping too.
Being burnt out does not necessarily mean having so much workload, it could also be your mismanagement of time and your unconscious levels of procrastination.
So what could you be doing that is making you feel burnt out?
Signs of being burnt out
- Are you working when you should be resting? We are all victims trying to meet up with deadline
- Are you taking on more than you can chew? reading what you do not need
- Are you seeking picture perfection? Your best is still not good enough
- Are you neglecting yourself – physically, mentally, emotionally and psychologically?
- Are you doing anything and everything multi-tasking?
- Are you reinventing the already detailed Will?
Life waits for no one they say, and you should try to live your best life each day. If you are feeling symptoms of being burnt out the immediate action is to recognize it and act on it never leave for another day.
Strategic Remedies for Being Burnt
- Rest Rest Rest you can never get enough of it just find the time by force
- Delegate No man is an island share where you can be a team player it is the end the result that matters.
- Don’t turn your bedroom into a boardroom leave work at work you are already brain fatigued
- No a powerful word not used when it should be, have genuine reasons and use when you have to
- Your Physical Fitness are you taking care of it regularly not once in a blue moon? Do regular exercise even if it is only walking around you vicicnity?
- Your Wellbeing Fitness try to consume healthy foods more often as your wellbeing is key. Stay healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Working with priority manage your time well and do that which is scheduled for the day don’t waste time on trivials
- Worklife balance have found yours. Take a moment a re-strategize your personal goals
In a day and or week 60% or more time is spent working for the busy one. How do you spend your weekends?
Do you play /party hard still adding to being burnt out?
Maybe it is time to watch your lifestyle.
This test is important why not try it out and see if your life is out of balance.